Windy City Wellness COVID-19 Update: Options for Treatment
We are accepting new and existing patients for In-Office Visits for those who desire a hands (gloves)-on experience. At this time we will be seeing patients in the office on Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 847-754-1946 to set up your appointment.
What we are doing to keep you as safe as possible
– Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or expressed symptoms of COVID-19 (Fever, cough, difficulty breathing/short of breath, chills, muscle pain, the new loss of taste or smell, headache) within the last 14 days?
– Have you been in contact with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or expressed symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, headache, muscle pain, or new loss of taste or smell) within the last 2 weeks?
– Have you been to a health care facility that is treating COVID-19 patients in the last 14 days?
If patients answer yes to any of these questions they will be advised to contact the office directly 773-235-7878 or alternately 847-754-1946 and to stay home and quarantine for 2 weeks prior to coming in for their next appointment
– All persons (patients, doctors, staff) are required to wear a mask while in the clinic and building.
– There will only be one patient allowed in the office at a time. If you arrive early for your appointment, please wait in your car until your scheduled time.
– Upon entering the office patients will be directed to either wash their hands or use provided hand sanitizer prior to their treatment session and will be encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands after treatment
– Your doctor will wash his hands prior to your session and after each session. While performing manual therapies your doctor will wear gloves as an additional precaution barrier.
– All contact surfaces will be sanitized between appointments. Most treatment sessions, including exercises, stretches, consultations, exams, massages, etc., will be carried out in open rooms.
– To limit contact, patients will be encouraged to pay with a credit or debit card.
Patients can now receive virtual telehealth therapies with Dr. Pontarelli on a HIPAA-secure platform.
These services are available for new and existing patients who live in Illinois.
During times where access to health care is limited, there are numerous ways to restore function and reduce pain while in the comfort of your own home.
What conditions may qualify for telehealth?
- – Neck/shoulder/and lower back pain
- – Headaches (generated by tension or neck dysfunction)
- – Migraines
- – Dizziness/vertigo/vestibular disorders
- – Postural issues
- – Weight management
What to expect during your Telehealth exam
Who can benefit from Telehealth?
– Patients who have difficulty travelling due to pain, disability or illness
– Patients with limited access to physical rehabilitation practitioners
– Patients who want to improve their performance
What services are available through Telehealth?
– Core stability stretches and strengthening exercises
– Mindfulness/meditation/breath training
– Vestibular/balance therapies
– Functional Medicine/nutritional counseling
– Hormonal/cortisol testing (testing for trouble sleeping, low energy, anxiety, migraines)
– Eye movement therapies
Get in Touch
Ready to make an appointment?
Use this form to request an appointment with us. While we will do our best to accommodate your requested day and time, please note, your appointment is not fully booked until you get a confirmation from us!